Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cordelia's 1st Trip to NYC

So a few friends had mentioned that I was such a stickler making Cordelia save all her Christmas money. My thought was she was so young and hasn't quite grasped the value of money so while I can I should sock it away for her. Also, I didn't just want her to blow it all on fruit snacks...because with a 6 year old that could happen!! Well several things happened. First, Ben and I had taken a few trips into New York City to visit the temple and Cordelia had of course felt left out! She wanted to go to New York City and second a friend had mentioned that Broadway did buy one get one free tickets at this time of year.

A light bulb went off...I could take Cordelia to New York City and she could get to see a Broadway play now that would be a judicious use of her Christmas money! So I started to plan...a lot of the shows were on a Thursday afternoon and evening which wouldn't work with school and work but finally I found a Friday afternoon showing of Cinderella.

So the plan was set we'd ride the train up in the morning, have lunch, try to get to FAO Schwartz and see whatever else we cold get into before the 3pm show.

***This was the Friday before Superbowl weekend I had no idea until Thursday afternoon when I got an alert from the company I brought our tickets through Time Square was crazy!! There was a sea of police and so many people***

All aboard-getting ready to ride the train from NJ to NY

Selfies on the train...we're so excited!


We made it, Cordelia was so excited we got to visit the temple.
 The Thursday before we left it dawned on me that Cordelia's Aunt maybe in the City the same time as us! So I got on the horn and it turned out that she would be there and that we could "bump" into her for lunch! It was a life saver as my phone battery dies at the drop of the hat and Lia could hang with us until we had to go to the theater. So we could use her phone to navigate around.
Unfortunately, Spiderman didn't drop by while we were there! But the place was hopping!

Riding the subway..eating fruit snacks!!!

FAO Schwatz-The lego's were amazing!

Let me tell you your fortune!
The big piano was so much fun!
  Cordelia did get to play on the big piano
We had the best view from our seats!

Cinderella!
Cordelia and I had such a great time...we felt so blessed that Cordelia was showered with Christmas money to make this trip happen. Thank you Great GrandMom, GrandMom and Great Grammy and Grampy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment